Substance Abuse Education and Prevention Resources
• DASH- 631-952-3333, 24-hour, 7 day a week, year-round crisis care at a community based site for Suffolk residents who struggle with mental health and substance use disorders. Assessments, counseling and care management intervention is available for children 5 years or older, adolescents and adults.
• THRIVE Suffolk- 631-822-3396 -For individuals and families to maintain, and strengthen their recovery through peer-based support, navigation assistance and referral services; provide interactive educational programs that promote wellness, economic prosperity and civic engagement; and maintain a safe, welcoming haven for substance-free recreational and social activities.
• SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357),
SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
• LICADD – Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence.
24/7 Hotline: 631-979-1700, https://www.licadd.org/
Online Support Meetings
• Emotions Anonymous: online support meetings
• Al-Anon: online meetings for family members of addicts and alcoholics.
• Al-Ateen: online chat meetings for Teens of addicts or alcoholics.
• American Lung Association: Impact of E-cigarettes
•SmokeFreeTXT For Teens: Young adults (13-19 years old) in the United States who want to be smokefree. 6-8 weeks, depending on your quit date. You will receive 3-5 messages per day.
•QuitSTART: The quitSTART app is a free smartphone app that helps you quit smoking with tailored tips, inspiration, and challenges
•Ms. Ranieri: Anti-Vaping, Mindfulness, Self-regulation and Coping Skills, Social-Emotional Learning Material and Parent Articles.
Class code: rvwtzb5
•Ms. Ranieri: Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are. Available Monday-Friday 7:30am-2:30pm.