Merrimac Elementary School
1090 Broadway Avenue
Holbrook, NY 11741
Principal: Elizabeth Tucci
Principal's Aide: Jen Sansivero
Phone: (631) 244-5670
School Hours: 8:00 am -2:30 pm
September 8, 2021
Dear Merrimac Families,
I hope this letter finds you well and looking forward to the start of the 21/22 school year! I have been waiting for this day all summer and cannot wait to have Merrimac’s halls filled with students and staff. Please carefully review the following procedural information to ensure the safety of our students.
- If you are planning to use district transportation, bus stop pick up time will be provided to you by the transportation department.
Kiss and Drop Valet Drop Off:
- If you are planning to drive your child(ren) to school in the morning, we have one drop-off location in the outer parking lot. Staff will begin arrival procedures at 7:56 a.m. Children will not be permitted to be dropped off prior to this time.
- Pull up to our Kiss and Drop staff before letting your child(ren) out of the car.
- Remain in your vehicle while your child is released to a staff member. Students must exit from the RIGHT side of the vehicle onto the sidewalk. Please exit the parking lot immediately after your child leaves the car. Students will be supervised by staff as they use the main entrance.
- There are North and South walkers for arrival purposes. Both groups of students must be left with a staff member at the appropriate North/South drop-off area. North walkers will utilize the kindergarten entrance and South walkers will use the cafeteria doors.
- To ensure the safety of the students, only staff and students may go beyond the designated drop-off locations.
- Buses will leave Merrimac Elementary School between approximately 2:30-2:35 p.m.
Walkers (North/South/Flagpole)/Pick Up:
- If your child is not taking a bus, please send an email/letter to your child’s teacher to indicate if your child will be a North, South or Flagpole walker for dismissal purposes.
- North, South and Flagpole walkers will be dismissed at approximately 2:30 p.m. and will be escorted to parents/guardians at the designated pick up areas. Please note that Flagpole walkers will be dismissed to the South of the grassy area on the front lawn.
- No student will be released to anyone other than a parent/guardian unless specifically authorized to do so in writing. Please have your identification ready.
Health and Safety Protocols
- Masks will be required for all staff and students both in school and on the bus. Mask breaks will be provided often and upon request. Masks are not required when outdoors.
- School breakfast and lunch continues to be at no cost to you this school year. Additional snacks will be available to purchase beginning in October. Please note that the lunch menu is subject to change at times due to limited availability of items.
Please wear red, white and blue on Friday, September 10 in honor of Patriot’s Day.
We are ready for a year filled with relationship building, learning and lots of laughter!
Supply Lists 2021-2022
We prepare for tomorrow by doing our BEST today.
The mission of Merrimac staff and families is:
• To develop the leader in each child.
• To create opportunities for continuous
learning to prepare our students for
the 21st century.
• To provide a safe environment
that builds positive, respectful
and effective citizens.