Personnel Office and Human Resources
The Personnel Office will periodically post notices of available positions. These notices are posted in each building and may be posted on this link on the website. In order for someone to be considered for these positions they must complete an application with the district.
Non-Instructional Employee Application
Instructional (certificated) Employee online Application
How to apply for a posting:
- Already Employed by the District - follow the directions on the posting for any area you believe you are qualified. Please check - for instructional areas you must have the appropriate certification and or meet the minimum qualifications.
- Not Employed by the District - you must fill out an application for employment with the Sachem Central School District before you can consider any posting and follow the application process provided above. In certain circumstances (such as summer programs) there may be an additional or alternate application that you must complete. This information and the application will be provided in the specific posting.
- Please adhere to deadlines and specific directions in each posting or you will not be considered.
- If there is an application with a posting, please make sure you use it and fill it out correctly. We cannot be responsible for applicant errors.
- Current employees will be given first consideration for postings.
- Applying for a posting is not a guarantee of employment or even an interview. There is no obligation or guarantees presented by the district.
- You must ensure that the response to all postings are in the Personnel Office by the date specified - there are no exceptions to this. Please do not call the Personnel Office to explain situations or to check to see if we received your application.
- The Personnel Office is not responsible for application errors, materials that do not arrive through the mail or on time, or errors made by candidates. The responsibility for correctly responding to all postings lies with the prospective employee.
- The Sachem Central School District does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, religious practice, national origin, ethnic group, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, marital status, military status, veteran status, disability, weight, domestic violence victim status, arrest or conviction record (except as permitted by law), genetic information or any other basis prohibited by New York State and/or federal non-discrimination laws in its programs, employment opportunities, and activities.