Writing topics for over the vacation, weekend, or any time you feel like writing!
1. Write about your favorite outside activity.
-riding your bike
2. Write a poem about winter or anything you want
3. Write a realistic fiction story
-a story that could really happen
-setting that could be a real setting
-characters that could be real
4. Write about a trip you took over the vacation.
5. Compare yourself to a family member (parent, uncle,
aunt, brother, sister)
-make a Venn diagram first
6. Practice writing good, main idea, topic sentences
7. Write about a family gathering
8. If it snows, describe with a list or in a paragraph
9. Write a point of view paragraph (like the pumpkins)
-point of view of a tree
-point of view of a snowman or snowflake
-point of view of a toy
10. Write a fiction story
11. Write about your Thanksgiving Day
12. Make a menu for your Thanksgiving Feast
13. Write a poem about all you are Thankful for
14. Write about the holiday you celebrate and tell us what you do for your holiday.
15. Write about your holiday break. What did you do? Who was there? Describe your settings.
16. Write your own play
17. Write a continuing story from your gingerbread story
18. Write a new creative gingerbread story
19. Write about your New Years Eve
20. Write about an New Years Eve resolution and how you will accomplish that resolution
21. Write about your snow day
22. Write about any trips you take over the holiday break
Contact The Teacher
Parent & Student Websites
Sachem Central School District